Post by Kathy Banez
For anyone who loves social media and taking a lot of pictures, ex. me, Twitter is expanding its photo options, making it easier to click, tweet, and share.
Twitter announced that they will be updating their photo options by allowing users to tag up to 10 people in a photo without using any of their 140 characters and letting users to upload up to 4 photos in a tweet.
How will this new update help brands market themselves on Twitter:
- With adding up to four photos in a tweet, brands can feature more photos of new property openings or renovations that attract followers to click to the brand’s site.
- Being able to tag people/properties without losing characters allows more special content.
- Photo tagging also allows brands to respond to/tag followers AND have the photo shared to everyone.
- With an update like this, brands are in the loop with growing technology and attracting new potential consumers for example, millennials.
This update brings joy to my life for a couple of reasons:
- It’s already hard to add a caption AND tag people to a photo with less than 140 characters. The photo tagging ability will make content easier to share without trying to figure out what to shorten or what to delete to make everything fit.
- With the capability to add up to four photos in one tweet, followers will be grateful that they aren’t getting “spammed” with photo from one user.
- Even though I am a huge fan of Instagram, Twitter’s photo sharing option is great at displaying the photo instead of having a link in a tweet.
The new photo options are available by downloading Twitter app or downloading the update on Android and iPhone and will later be implemented onto web soon.